Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to apply stick on vinyl tiles?

Tasnim
Just Starting Out

How to apply stick on vinyl tiles?

I have purchased stick on vinyl tiles, walls have been sanded and cleaned. The tiles have falllen off after application.

looking for suggestions if anyone has had this happen and what is the best adhesive to use to for stick on tiles on a vertical wall. 
much appreciated 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: stick on vinyl tiles

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Tasnim. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about stick-on tiles.

Would you be able to let us know what tiles you've used? If they are our tiles, I'd be happy to contact the manufacturer to find out why this occurred. Can you also let us know what the walls are made from? Stick-on tiles don't typically stick well to masonry surfaces, so that could be the reason if the wall is concrete or bare plaster. 

I'd really need to hear more about the wall and what type of surface it is, but I'd suspect that a contact adhesive would reasonably attach the tiles to the wall. That would be a permanent solution, and you couldn't remove them again without damaging the wall.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects