Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add an extra toilet?

Samron12
Just Starting Out

How to add an extra toilet?

Hi, i am living in 4 bedroom home. But, have only one toilet. where i can put extra toilet.

IMG_9161.png

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Hi, i am living in 4 bedroom home. But, have only one toilet. where i can put extra toilet.

Evening @Samron12 

Looking around your house/room sizes I wonder if you would be able to have a second toilet installed in the laundry?

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hi, i am living in 4 bedroom home. But, have only one toilet. where i can put extra toilet.

Hello @Samron12 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about adding another toilet in your home.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Dave-1. Another option would be to place the second toilet in your bathroom. This will technically require you to remove the bath and install a standard shower cubicle. This will provide you with the space for a vanity next to it. 

The new toilet can then be placed by the window. The advantage of having this toilet in that location is that there won't be a great deal of digging. 

Let me call on our experienced members @redbournreno, @lifestylebymari and @prettyliving for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add an extra toilet?

Hello @Samron12 

I've managed to finish your sample images and have put them below. This will give you an idea of how you can revamp your shower area to include the toilet in the bathroom. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Samron shower makeover 1.jpgSamron shower makeover 2.jpgSamron shower makeover 3.jpgSamron shower makeover 4.jpgSamron shower makeover 5.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to add an extra toilet?

Or 'hang on' till the kids grow up and move out. 😁

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects