Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i seal a timber bench to use as a vanity?

andy1C
Just Starting Out

How do i seal a timber bench to use as a vanity?

I   will be using a  sideboard as  a vanity in an upcoming bathroom renovation. I would like to  know what  lacquer to  use to  protect the  timber.  I want to  retain  the   colour it is currently  stained in,  so a clear  product  is  preferred.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i seal a timber bench to use as a vanity

Hi @andy1C 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about sealing your sideboard.

What a fantastic project! Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the sideboard? This will give our members a better idea of the type of stain that's on it. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

Would you happen to know what stain was used on the sideboard? What was it used for before you decided to use it for your vanity top? Any extra information you can share about the sideboard would be very much appreciated.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do i seal a timber bench to use as a vanity?

Hi @andy1C,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration from our clever and creative community members.

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading some images of your sideboard so our members can see what you are working with.

I'd also recommend you checking out some projects where Workshop members have achieved similar results, such as the upcycled cabinet into bathroom vanity by @Renowayoflife and upcycled timber vanity by @sallie24.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects