Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I get the tap handle off?

macca5154
Just Starting Out

How do I get the tap handle off?

The tap handle has nothing underneath. The spindle has a hole but no Allen grub screw, and there's nothing on top of the handle.

1000006053.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I get the tap handle off?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @macca5154. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing a tap handle.

The hole in the spindle is typically where a grub screw would be positioned to secure the tap handle. Sometimes, it can be tricky to spot the grub screw if it’s seated deeply inside. I’d recommend starting with a 2.0mm Allen key and gradually trying larger sizes to ensure there's not one hidden in there.

If the grub screw is missing, which might explain why you don’t see anything, the handle should theoretically pull straight off. However, corrosion or buildup could be making it more challenging to remove. If that's the case, you might need to gently wiggle the handle or apply a bit of penetrating oil to help loosen it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects