Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can i stop the waste hose leaking at the connection on the pipe?

billie79
Finding My Feet

How can i stop the waste hose leaking at the connection on the pipe?

Hi. I attached a clamp and it is as tight as it will go but the hose still leaks (considerably). What else can I do?

IMG_4355.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can i stop the waste hose leaking at the connection on the pipe

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @billie79. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a waste hose.

It appears like your hose might be a corrugated plastic. If so, I recommend you switch it out for one that has rubber ends like the Kinetic 2m Grey PVC Washing Machine And Dishwasher Outlet Drain Hose. When the clamp is done up, the rubber ends will be much better at sealing leaks.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you! I’ll go grab one today 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It sounds like you're all over it, @billie79, but for the benefit of others who come across this discussion, we have a guide that can assist: How to connect a dishwasher. It's much the same process for a washing machine, too.

Mitchell

image.jpg

 so I went and bought the suggested hose and have now discovered that the connection to the washing machine appears fixed? I can’t remove the hose. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That white plastic piece is an access panel @billie79. It appears to be opened by hand by squeezing the clip inward or by inserting a flathead screwdriver and popping it off. Hopefully, the hose will be attached just inside the panel. 

Make sure the machine is turned up before opening the panel, and if you have concerns, it might be best to seek professional assistance.

Mitchell

DIYGnome
Becoming a Leader

Re: How can i stop the waste hose leaking at the connection on the pipe?

Hello @billie79 🖐

Just wanted to mention sourcing a smaller hose clamp for the connection will help with the hose seal, the correct size won't run out of "strap" before achieving a secure seal like a larger hose clamp invariably will 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects