Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add a dryer to our laundry?

Danny8
Just Starting Out

How to add a dryer to our laundry?

IMG_1833.jpeg

We just bought a house and wanted to put a dryer which we need. The washer will be at the bottom. We don’t want a vented dryer which we are aware that is the only dryer that can be connected to the wall - far as we know. Don’t feel too safe leaving the dryer on the bench on its own. Any ideas that won’t be too much work? Thanks 

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Laundry query

Afternoon Danny @Danny8 

I bought a mat from Bunnings that rests on a front-loader and the drier on top. I personally have never seen the drier move in any way or form when operating. I have great faith in friction I guess.

Otherwise - do you still have the driers brackets? We could mount them just to 'hold' the drier rather than support the weight. If that makes sense.

An invasive thought would be to create two small barriers (front and side) on the bench to 'lock' the drier in position.

Cheers!

Danny8
Just Starting Out

Hi Noyade, 

That makes total sense! Do you think the weight would be fine on the bench? That is also another concern. We still have the brackets which is a fantastic idea. Thank you very much for your help! We are not very handy people haha.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Danny8. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a dryer.

Your dryer could go on the bench, just have a look under the bench where it connect to the wall. There need to be decent-sized brackets or timber that connect to the stud work. If there is, the bench shouldn't have issues supporting the load of the dryer.

Your comment about wall mounting and ducted machines being the only options is a new one for me. I've come across plenty of non-ducted machines mounted on walls. Is this something you've seen in the installation instructions on the machines you were looking at?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell, 

It was just something I saw online while searching the web. Thank you very much for your help! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@Danny8, you might want to check with a couple of companies regarding wall-mount options. As far as I'm aware, any ducted dryer can be wall-mounted without the ducting connecting. However, perhaps things have changed, and companies are recommending otherwise, so it is best to check with the one you're going with. We have a few dryer options, and I can certainly call and check the specifications on those for you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects