Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hidden linen cupboard using old fridge space

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Hidden linen cupboard using old fridge space

Tearing into another kitchen at my new Apartment 

Redesign upgrade of existing kitchen which was more more suited to  a 5 bedroom 2 storey home. 

Relocated Fridge, Downsized pantry, rebuilt linen closet in old fridge location. 

Final objective is too reduce footprint to allow a dining table  and balance all areas in proportion to a 2 bedroom apartment Will include sliding mini cupboard to store ironing board and mop brooms etcWill include sliding mini cupboard to store ironing board and mop brooms etcHidden doorsHidden doorsThis product is fantastic and has more applications than just fixing flat to a wall, easy to install and visually stunningThis product is fantastic and has more applications than just fixing flat to a wall, easy to install and visually stunningRemoval  of fridge start of linen cupboard constructionRemoval of fridge start of linen cupboard constructionNew fridge located into old pantry areaNew fridge located into old pantry areaChecking gapsChecking gapsLaying out panels  to ensure no waste and doors will open closeLaying out panels to ensure no waste and doors will open closeClose detail is sharp a reflection of this quality productClose detail is sharp a reflection of this quality productOpen doors, picture swings with door to create the hidden effectOpen doors, picture swings with door to create the hidden effectAnother view of door open and then closed to conceal.Another view of door open and then closed to conceal.

PS

Final detailing such as gaps being blacked out, doors aligned, panels cleaned. Etc. But hopefully this will inspire you to try thus product out and be creative in its application, this is a striking product and too much could be over powering if used every where, I would advise to make it a feature not a wall to wall to wall covering 

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Hidden linen cupboard using old fridge space

Afternoon @Nishan1 

The timber panels/soundproffing panels caught my eye and then my eyes went wide as you described what you have done, love the way the picture frame half swings out :smile: Brilliant idea.

I also like you have the sheets segmanted to give that stacked effect. What was your reasoning behind that instead of a long verticle design?

Dave

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What a terrific project @Nishan1! I love the level of finish you've been able to achieve with these panels. I'd have never known there was a concealed cabinet behind them. Very ingenious.

Great work and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Thank you Dave, appreciate the feedback, no reason other than choice, the full length would be alot easier to line up, but this was really easy as well. 

I guess these panels are cnc cut to perfection so basically they lock together without any variation to the full length panels.

If was using it to line doors would probably go full.length. 

The panels are very easy to work with, it's just taking time to plan. When cutting panels use metal straight blade, use new blade frequently cut carefully,  as your cut lines up with the whatever next, glue with hot glue gun, screw in between gaps and cover heads with felt strip cut off's, they become  undetectable. Finally level every thing as you go, a couple of degrees adds up over 2-3 metres. 

Dave this is just a heads up, I'm sure you know all this, I just want to ensure  your covered. Product is definitely worth It, a very appealing feature that lifts a room! A+++

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Stainless steel accentsStainless steel accentsAnother long shot viewAnother long shot viewHit me up bud, If I can help in anyway, I won't be shy comming to you. If that's cool. Like myself and everyone here things can go south very quickly on a project...but there is always someone out there that can help you out , get you back on track. 

Best of luck be safe!

Nishan

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Thank you Mitchell,

Apologies for late response, on the tools as we speak, thank you for  the nice comments, still a final details to finish like a quick release snap out handle to resemble something NASA would have used on the Apollo missions, let's see

Thanks again 

Nishan

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects