Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garage laundry makeover

Hotwheelsnz
Getting Established

Garage laundry makeover

My wife loves doing the laundry (Yes i know ............................🙄) so I decided to make her happy place even happier 😉

I used all Bunnings products for the project and it was actually very easy to do without paying someone to do the job.

All up it cost me close to $2,200nz (Probably $150 less using my powerpass card) to do and I'm very happy with the effortless outcome. Wifes happy too 😀

Steps

Step 1

Cleaned the walls, then I added the tiles to the wall(Probably the most time consuming part of the entire project)

Step 2

I made up the 3 top cabinets then secured them to the wall.

Step 3

I made up the bottom draws and then put them into place

Step 4

I added the bench top then cut it to size.

Step 5

I made up the broom cupboard then I installed into place.

Step 6

I finally added the two shelves, cut them to size and installed them between the top three cupboards and the broom cupboard.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garage Laundry Makeover

Hi @Hotwheelsnz,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's great that you've shared such a fantastic project with us.

I love the contrast between the timber benchtop and the white appliances, you've done a great job of creating an even happier place for your wife.

We'll be looking forward to seeing any future projects that you may have.

Jacob 

projectmumdanni
Making a Splash

Re: Garage laundry makeover

This looks great

RobP

Hi @Hotwheelsnz, looks amazing - I love seeing projects like these. Would you have a picture of how the area looked before you started, so that members can see the full transformation? And are there any additional pics you took along the way. Would love to see some more of this project.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Hotwheelsnz
Getting Established

Hi @RobP .I'm glad that you liked my little makeover. I did take a before photo and just a few during the makeover.

I could not load them at the time of the posting but have added them on here 😀Before I started the makeover.Before I started the makeover.Planning out distance before I did the makeover.Planning out distance before I did the makeover.Doing the tiling. By far the hardest part of the makover. End result well worth it though.Doing the tiling. By far the hardest part of the makover. End result well worth it though.Getting things in position before cutting banchtop to fit.Getting things in position before cutting banchtop to fit.Benchtop on before broom cupboard goes on the end.Benchtop on before broom cupboard goes on the end.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Hotwheelsnz,

I always enjoy seeing the before and after pictures. I'm sure our readers are the same and they'll appreciate you adding the extra photos.

Thanks for sharing.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects