Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use the Estilo duckboard in the shower?

Cranswick
Cultivating a Following

Can you use the Estilo duckboard in the shower?

Hello Regarding your Estilo timber bath/ shower mat ( See photo below )  is it desgined to go inside the shower to stand on while you are having a shower and can get wet? or is it designed just for the bathroom floor outside the shower ?

Cranswick_0-1716983527003.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: SHower bath duckboard

Hello @Cranswick 

The Estilo Duck board is not made for constant immersion inside showers or baths. They are only designed to be stepped on once you are out of the shower or bath. The purpose of the duckboard is to prevent you from stepping on to wet, soggy floor towels. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cranswick
Cultivating a Following

thanks are there similar duckboards anywhere l can buy that are designed to go inside the shower and get wet, such as teak wood or are are all wood duckboard mats designed only for outside the shower? . On the internet l saw some photos of people who had wooden duckboards inside their shower to stand on, is that a good idea if you want something inside the shower thats comfortable and non- slip ( See Photo below) 

Cranswick_0-1716993175874.jpeg

Hi @Cranswick,

I am not aware of any timber duckboards designed to go within the shower recess. Timber won't last long in the shower cubicle getting wet on a regular basis. These duckboards have a limited lifespan even when used outside the shower. I would suggest you look towards products such as the Barelli Non-Slip White Rubber Bath Mat - 53x53cm. That should provide more comfort and a non-slip surface.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects