Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a leaking tap?

Ollie2410
Just Starting Out

How to fix a leaking tap?

image.jpg

image.jpg

hello! This is my first time posting. I am new to DIY. 

We have recently moved into an old Queenslander and the tap to the bath is leaking. Please see photo as to what it looks like. 

My research suggests I need to replace the tap valve. I have unscrewed the handle and please see photo to see how far I have got. 

Before I cause carnage, can you advise me on what the next step is? Does the metal bit my finger is point to just unscrew to reveal the valve?

Thank you! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix this leaking tap

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ollie2410. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about changing a tap washer.

You might like to start by reading through this helpful guide on How to replace a tap washer. For the next step, as your spindle is recessed into the wall, you'll require a tap spanner. The tap spanner is used to remove the spindle from the wall, exposing the tap valve.

The nut for the spindle is right where the soft silicone has been placed to seal around the spindle. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects