Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)?

bazzyboy
Cultivating a Following

Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)?

What's the best drill bit to drill a 5mm hole into the 15mm-thick side of a vitreous china WC (toilet tank) or toilet tank cover. Once drilled, I'll insert a flexible water tube through the hole to connect the water outlet inside the WC to the bidet using a T adapter (3-way valve.)

20220225_181207.jpg

20220225_181151.jpg

20220225_181122.jpg

20220225_181109.jpg

20220225_182917.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Best drill bit for vitreous china (WC)?

Hello @mdashraf5

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion. If you've read the previous post it is better to use the 8mm Diamond tile drill bit as it will give you the correct size to pass the hose through. Let me tag @bazzyboy to make sure that they are aware of your question.

Please remember to wear safety gloves, goggles and a dust mask when drilling into a porcelain surface. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bazzyboy
Cultivating a Following

@mdashraf5 

The bidet model from the Sydney supplier is called LueLue LB5000 and it comes with the 3-way connector and flexible tubes.  Please make sure you chat with the business before they ship it, so that they know the right parts to supply for your specific scenario.  I had spoken to a Kevin.

https://www.bidetsonline.com.au/shop/bidet-water-types/cold-water-bidets-bidet-water-types/luelue-lb...

Thank you so much. I've just made an order for it and hopefully can do a same set up as yours 😉

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mdashraf5

Just a friendly reminder to wear safety equipment such as gloves, goggles and a dust mask when drilling into porcelain surfaces. Please remember to drill slowly and use lots of water to prevent heating up the ceramic surface. Please make sure to post an update when you've started your drilling. I'm sure our members will be keen to see the results.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
arshmuglani
Finding My Feet

Hi mate, I am about to install this on my toilet seat.
Would you be able to share some photos of how you manage to get water pipe through side hole on the bottom of the toilet. Or if you be able to explain please 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arshmuglani,

Thank you for your post and a warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Allow me to tag @bazzyboy so they are notified of your question.

I may be able to assist further, but I would need a bit more context. 

Are you looking to install a bidet like bazzyboy has? Does the bidet require you to drill through the cistern to install the water pipe?

Once you can provide some details, I'd be happy to assist further.

Jacob

Hi Jacob, thanks for your reply mate. 

I am beginner to this DIY stuff, I've been quoted around 300$ for just to drill this hole and installation of a bidet. I have already installed a sprayer jet to another toilet with water point outside. After seeing this post, I am very confident that with right tools, I can do that. 

I have an understanding about drilling the hole and installing the T valve and bidet. 

In the previous photos, I have seen that there is a way to access the hole on the bottom of seat to get the water pipe through. I really appreciate if you can help me out with this. And if you can suggest that what drill machine and drill bit is best to make this hole.

Thank you

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @arshmuglani,

Is it possible to get some photos of your toilet?

I suspect that the high price of the quote is because you have a back-to-wall system where the cistern tap enters through the bottom of the toilet as opposed to through the cistern in bazzyboy's example.

If this is the case, the high price is likely because the toilet will need to be uninstalled, moved out of position so the cistern tap can be accessed, the t-fitting attached, the hole drilled through the toilet and the hose installed before everything is reinstated.

Once I see some photos, I can either confirm the above or provide advice on how best to go about the installation. 

If your toilet is as I suspect, unfortunately, it is likely you will require the assistance of a plumber for this project.

Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Jacob

Thanks for your help Jacob. Please refer to attratched  photos, I have same toilet seat and want to install same setup.

Screenshot_20240728_134026_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_134003_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240728_133931_Gallery.jpg

  

bazzyboy
Cultivating a Following

Hi @arshmuglani - looking at the photos, you may not need to drill a hole in the WC as it already has the water outlet you use for the spray.

Have you bought your bidet?

The bidet model I used is from a Sydney supplier.  It is called LueLue LB5000 and it comes with the 3-way connector and flexible tubes.  Please make sure you chat with the business before they ship it, so that they know the right parts to supply for your specific scenario.  I had spoken to a Kevin.

https://www.bidetsonline.com.au/shop/bidet-water-types/cold-water-bidets-bidet-water-types/luelue-lb...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects