Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom and European Laundry layout advice wanted

Katemer
Finding My Feet

Bathroom and European Laundry layout advice wanted

C638A2E5-21F9-477F-8FD5-6451A75513EC.jpeg

FE0F196F-CCB8-4DA1-AA97-BFD218962A09.jpeg

  

Hi- about to renovate our very old bathroom/ seperate toilet and want to also include a european laundry hopefully with a bit of storage space as well. We’d like to keep a bathtub if space allows, and keep plumbing where it is as much as possible.  However we are a bit stuck for ideas on how to best design the space! The rooms are right next to each other. 
Thanks!! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bathroom and European Laundry layout advice wanted

Hello @Katemer

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about bathroom layout advice.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to plan a bathroom renovation by @Adam_W. This guide should give you an idea of what to consider when planning your renovation. Would it be possible for you to post the measurements of your bathroom and toilet so that I can have a better idea of their actual size? This information will help me when drawing up a design for your bathroom and toilet.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration:  Top 10 most popular bathroom projects

Let me call on our experienced members @redbournreno and @homeinmelbourne for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions you need help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redbournreno
Having an Impact

Hi @Katemer ,

I'm sure if the rooms are right beside each other then we can figure something out to help you move forward.However, it's almost impossible without some kind of layout or floorplan with the dimensions. Also add positions of the doors. I assume you are prepared to pull down the adjoining wall (provided it isn't load bearing)?

Hi thanks so much for your reply! Here is a (very rough) drawing of how the space is now with the measurements. Hopefully that helps- appreciate your advice! 

6ABD2AAE-E3E4-43A8-8F40-18362D653F40.jpeg

@redbournreno 

Hi - Thanks for your reply!!! Appreciate your advice! I have attached a very rough drawing of the layout and dimensions. Definitely happy to pull down the wall! Just having trouble figuring out exactly how to lay it all out and fit it in 

D1465B80-6284-4EA9-959C-5EDB30C7DB92.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Katemer

Thank you for posting that diagram, I will post my suggestion as soon as I finish sketching them.

Eric

Thank Eric, looking forward to seeing.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Katemer 

Thank you for your patience. Here is one idea that you might like, however, I had to take the bath out so that it won't look too crowded. Please have a look at the sketches and tell me what you think. If you wish to see it in another configuration, please let me know.

Eric

katemer laundry1.jpgkatemer laundry2.jpgkatemer laundry3.jpgkatemer laundry4.jpgkatemer laundry5.jpgkatemer laundry6.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects