Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use Dulux Renovation floor tile paint?

wannabeguru
Just Starting Out

How to use Dulux Renovation floor tile paint?

I have read some of the reviews of the Dulux renovation range floor tile paint and I am a little worried. I did try and buy some Rustoleum floor paint from overseas (as the reviews are excellent), but customs wouldn't allow it entry.

For those of you that had success with the floor tile, did you use the primer and clean and take all of the steps that were suggested?

For those of you that didn't have success, did you use the renovation range primer and the renovation range floor tile paint (as opposed to the wall tile). I guess I am just trying to understand the success rates and work out if it is worth it! We have tiles in the loungeroom and hallways, so I don't want to invest time and money and risk making a big visual and financial mistake.

Thanks for your advice.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to use Dulux Renovation floor tile paint?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @wannabeguru. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about painting floor tiles.

When considering whether Dulux Renovation floor tile paint is suitable for your project, it’s essential to think about the level of traffic your home receives. While this paint can provide a fresh look, it’s important to remember that it is a coating and not a hard-wearing surface. High-traffic areas, such as hallways and living rooms, may require additional measures to maintain the painted surface.

To help preserve the finish, consider implementing the following strategies:

• No shoes indoors: Making your home a no-shoes environment can significantly reduce the wear and tear on the painted surface. Stones and debris on the bottoms of shoes can cause scratches and damage.

• Carpet runners: Adding carpet runners in hallways and high-traffic zones can protect the painted tiles from constant foot traffic and potential scuffing.

• Regular maintenance: Routine cleaning and maintenance are important to prolong the life of the painted surface. Gentle cleaning solutions and avoiding abrasive materials will help maintain the finish.

For those considering a more durable alternative, hybrid vinyl flooring can be an excellent D.I.Y installation option. Here's a helpful guide: How to lay vinyl plank flooring. It offers the advantage of being more resilient to wear and tear, making it suitable for high-traffic areas. Following the installation instructions carefully can result in a professional-looking and long-lasting finish.

If you decide to go ahead with painting your tiles, it's essential to follow all the preparation steps meticulously. This includes using the recommended primer and ensuring the tiles are thoroughly cleaned before painting. Proper preparation can improve the adhesion and durability of the paint, providing a temporary solution to improve the appearance of unsightly tiles until you are ready for a more permanent renovation.

If you take all the necessary steps and precautions, painting your tiles can be a worthwhile project to refresh your space. However, for high-traffic areas, considering alternative flooring options can offer a more durable solution in the long run.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects