Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to tie down roller blind?

vdesaram
Just Starting Out

How to tie down roller blind?

4FC73874-E59D-482B-8F0C-E3F3B8D26FCF.jpeg

486B2D4D-6BE3-4A92-B4F0-9201AA085C90.jpeg

  

Hi everyone

I’ve got these roller blinds around the house. I’m looking for a way to hold them in place securely at the bottom so that my dog cannot wiggle her way under or around them. She broke one of my windows yesterday by doing just that. Any advice is appreciated!

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to tie down roller blind?

Hi @vdesaram,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

You could use a Craftright 7mm Eyelet Plier Kit to install some eyelets along the bottom edge of the fabric. You could then connect wire hooks that fit through the eyelets, possibly these Command™ Small Clear Adhesive Utensil Hooks, to the window frame. If you attach the hooks so they are upside down, the roller blind will be held down quite well.

It's not a perfect solution, but it could work.

Allow me to tag @DIYGnome, @Noyade and @Dave-1 to see if they have any ideas.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: How to tie down roller blind?

Good Afternoon @vdesaram 

I had the same type of issue with a blind beside my front door, no pet but the breeze would bang it all over the place.

I ended up using an elastic band looped between two tacks to hold it in plaec and it works beautifuly. Tho the rubber band does age and breaks. You could use a fishing line or a thin silver wire between a couple of cup hooks as well to hold the blind from being pulled to the side.. 

Here is the project, step 2 halfway down shows the elastic band. Recycled CDs used as window screen 

To help stop the doggo from wanting to go near the blind, spray a offcut piece of timber (3 sides) with WD40 and place between the blind and the window. The side you downt spray faces the blind just incase any residue is left. Dogs dont like the smell of it generally so your dog hopefully will give up if they can lever the blind at the bottom and also that the smell isnt so great.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects