Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix lifting vinyl wrap on cabinet doors?

Matkai
Getting Established

How to fix lifting vinyl wrap on cabinet doors?

I am doing a makeover on my bathroom vanity and there is some lifting of the vinyl wrapping, looking for recommendations on the best glue to use to stick it back down before it tears. Not sure if the fact that it is a bathroom vanity and in wet area will affect which glue to use.

Thanks in advance.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lifting Vinyl Wrap on Cabinet Doors - Which Glue is best?

Hello @Matkai 

Thanks for sharing your question about repairing your lifting vinyl wrap. I propose using Sika 500ml Clear 105 Contact Fix Premium Contact Adhesive on the lifting vinyl. I suggest making sure that the damaged area is totally dry and is still in good condition before you apply the adhesive. If it feels damp, do not apply the adhesive, use your hair dryer to accelerate the drying process or leave the door out in the sun to dry naturally.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good Evening @Matkai 

There was another post in the last few days about someone with a similar issue. If its only regluing the lifting vinal then I would definently go with @EricL 's suggestion.

Has the vinal cracked or perished anywhere else? And is there any chance of a photo or two of the vanity?

Dave

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Hi @Matkai sounds like @EricL has provided the best solution, but as @Dave-1 mentioned a few photos would give us all a better indication of the scenario

Nailbag

Matkai
Getting Established

Re: How to fix lifting vinyl wrap on cabinet doors?

Thanks everyone, as there are no tears or cracks, just lifting along some edges will try  EricL's suggestion and use the Sika Clear Contact.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects