Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix burn marks on the kitchen benchtop?

anniegarling
Just Starting Out

How to fix burn marks on the kitchen benchtop?

My old roommates ruined my kitchen bench top :unhappy: there are a lot of burn marks. I would really appreciate any advice on what I can do to fix it- or whether it is actually fixable. I’m hoping there’s something I could try or something from Bunnings that could help before having to give in and pay to replace the whole thing.

Sorry the photos don’t show it super well, it’s very dimly lit in the kitchen. There’s at least 1 burn mark on each section of bench rather than in one area/just one of the benches.

*I have a video that shows it a lot better but wasn’t sure how to post video on here :smile:

Thanks so much! :smile:

IMG_8940.jpeg

IMG_8939.jpeg

IMG_8944.jpeg

IMG_8951.jpeg

  

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8945.jpeg

IMG_8942.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix burn marks on the kitchen benchtop?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @anniegarling. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a benchtop.

Painting your benchtop with the Dulux Renovation range would be an excellent way to cover and refresh it. Check out this best advice article on Do you recommend the Dulux Renovation range for painting a kitchen? Many of our members have had great success with this product, and I'd recommend it as the best solution for your issue.

Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to paint a kitchen benchtop with Dulux.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects