Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to finish flooring edge?

jarko
Getting Established

How to finish flooring edge?

I've had hydroplank hamptons flooring professionally installed.

The flooring was installed over the top of tiles after self levelling was poured.

There is a step down to a room in the house, and the edge has been left with the old tile exposed and an aluminum edge has been placed over the lip of the plank:

2024-06-25 17_23_45-Greenshot image editor.png

I am thinking to cut and glue a piece of flooring over the tile on the edge, but does anyone have any advice on what to do on the angle between the pieces of flooring?

I went to my local bunnings and asked if they sold bull nosing, but the person working there told me they don't. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Color matching / sourcing bull nosing

Hello @jarko 

Thanks for sharing your question about your flooring. If you still have a piece of the flooring that can cover that gap, I suggest using a router with a bullnose blade to create your own bullnose cover piece. In this manner you won't have to go hunting for a similar timber product.

There are timber mouldings with a bullnose profile, but you'll need to paint the timber piece in such a way that it is close or similar to the finish of your flooring. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects