Workshop
Ask a question

How to clean scratches from floor tiles?

MinhGinta
Just Starting Out

How to clean scratches from floor tiles?

Hi all,

I just vacated from this property and notice this issue on my floor, this is a scratch caused by the prolonged use of an office chair. Is there any tools that I can use to fix it?

Thank you.

Floor ImageFloor Image

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean stain/scratches from floor tiles?

Hello @MinhGinta 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about cleaning your floor tiles. 

I suggest tyring to clean the surface with ordinary detergent in combination with Mr Clean Handheld Iron Scrub Brush. If the blemish on tile is still there, I recommend trying Betta Tilecare 750ml Tile & Grout Cleaner again in combination with the bristle brush. I also suggest having a look at this discussion - How to clean my floor tiles? by @chubb

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to clean tile floors

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your response. This is more like a scratch or scuff marks on the tile caused by furniture movement, would this method work?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hell @MinhGinta 

If the scratches are deep, I propose using the Oates Economical Indoor Broom instead as it is much softer than the hand-held brush. I can only suggest giving this cleaning method a try to see if the marks and scuffs can be washed away.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects