Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean floor tiles?

Brianna0
Finding My Feet

How to clean floor tiles?

IMG_9718.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpeg

  is there a easier way of cleaning these tiles? The best I’ve found yet is doing sections with steam mop then going straight over it with a micro fibre flat mop rinsing and squeezing it after every few tiles then drying it with another mop just can’t seem to get them clean the water is always black 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cleaning tiles

Hello @Brianna0 

Thanks for sharing your questions about how to clean your tiles. I was going to mention using a steam mop, but it appears you are already using one, the steam mop is the most effective cleaner that you can use as it dissolves oil and grease on the surface of the tile. The best part of course is that it does not harm the surface of the tile. I'm currently unaware of a more effective method of cleaning tiles. You could use a chemical cleaner such as bleach, but it has the danger of destroying the ceramic coating of the surface of the tile which will in effect ruin it. 

Achieving that super clean surface only happens after you've used your steam cleaner and eventually pollution slowly gathers dust, grease and oil contaminants back onto your tiles.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects