Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add Easycraft panels on brick wall?

bhushan154
Getting Established

How to add Easycraft panels on brick wall?

I have a hallway, solid brick walls and I want to add this panel 900h.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/easycraft-9-x-900-x-1200mm-easyregency150-primed-general-purpose-wall-li...

What's the easiest way to do this on a brick wall? Will I need a stud wall? If yes, what's the minimum thickness I can get away with? Should the timber for the stud wall be screwed into the brick?

Also, will I need skirting boards on top?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Panels on brick wall

Hi @bhushan154,

Thank you for your question about attaching Easy Regency panels to a brick wall.

Have a look at the Easycraft - Product Manual, specifically page 10.

The advised method for installing these panels is to batten out the wall with either furring channel or a suitable timber batten such as this 70 x 35mm Framing MGP10 H2.

If you were to use timber, you should use CAgroup 90mm Plascourse attached to the back of the timber with staples to prevent direct contact between the timber and brick.

Both the furring channel and timber battens will need to be attach to the block using mechanical anchors such as these Ramset 14g x 45mm Black Hex Masonry Screw for the furring channel, or these Ramset 10 x 75mm Countersunk DynaBolt Plus Masonry Anchors for the timber.

As you'll see in the above image, you need to leave a 10mm expansion gap at the base of the panels so a skirting board will be necessary. I'd suggest having a look at our range of skirting for a product that suits your tastes.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I am more than happy to help.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects