Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you install Goliath gas strut?

glynn
Just Starting Out

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you install Goliath gas strut?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @glynn. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing Goliath gas struts.

Depending on your application, the gas strut installation might vary. If you can tell our helpful members a bit more about how you intend to use the struts, they'll be better informed and able to offer useful advice. Adding some images would also be useful. Let me know if you need a hand uploading them.

You'll see in step 9 of this How to build a pool pump cover guide how they were installed on a timber lid. The struts are easy to install, and the brackets just need to be screwed to the two surfaces. The only part that requires some work is locating those brackets so the lid opens fully and closes easily. What I like to do is install the lid side of the strut first, open the lid to the desired location and then fix off the bracket to the stationary mounting side. 

Here's a handy step-by-step guide: How to install door hinges and gas struts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects