Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do i have maggots in my roof?

Newgreenthumb
Building a Reputation

Do i have maggots in my roof?

Hello, I was hoping to ask if anyone knows what bug this might be. 

I was sitting on the lounge and it fell on me 😬😬😬

it may of come from the vent in the ceiling, otherwise I’m not sure where else it may of come from. 

it’s so unsettling and it feels disgusting, it just fell out of nowhere  I don’t know if it’s a maggot or some other type of bug or insect and how to get rid of it, 

I do have a video of it but I’m unable to upload it so I just took a photo. It’s more cream / off white which made me think it’s a maggot….. 😳😳

any advice would be appreciated.

thank you IMG_1928.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: do i have maggots in my roof?

Hi @Newgreenthumb,

It's definitely unsettling to have something like that happen. It does sound like it could be a maggot or a larva of some kind. It’s possible it’s just a one-off, but if you start noticing more of them, or they seem to be coming from light fixtures or vents regularly, it could indicate a larger issue, like an animal or insect infestation in the roof cavity.

In that case, I’d recommend having someone inspect the roof space to see if there's something that needs addressing. In the meantime, keep an eye out for any other signs like strange smells, as these could point to the source. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects