Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you exchange tinted paint at Bunnings?

ivanptr
Making a Splash

Can you exchange tinted paint at Bunnings?

20231118_000622.jpg

I'm painting my floor with the same product: Dulux Floor Satin White, first can tinted to the color Timeless Grey. However, when I used up the paint and bought a second can with the same color request, I realized the color is completely different. The second can looks much lighter than the first one.

Both can was stirred throughly before use...

I prefer the darker grey color of the first can. Perhaps I can scrape a sample off my floor to get the result from the first can.

and ask the staff to tint a new can for me to match the color of 1st can ? this probably the best way to ensure consistency ?

17002324036361505291456805149719.jpg

Would bunnings allow me to get this second can to exchange into a new can ? I just used a little bit of it before realising something was wrong..

its $82.. lol

i have taken picture of my receipts for both purchases

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Headache : tinting error ?

Hi @ivanptr,

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with paint tinting. The first step would be to take the paint back into the store of purchase. They can check to see if the error was with the first batch or the second and try to replicate the first for you. If the first can was the correct colour, then that's easily done. If you have the first tin, take that in, too. The team will do everything possible to rectify the situation, including exchanging the incorrect product for a new can.

Let me know if you run into any difficulties.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects