Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I lay planks in roof space?

meldarl
Finding My Feet

Can I lay planks in roof space?

Hi Everyone,

I need to run a couple of Ethernet cables, but I'm concerned about walking in the roof space. Can I lay a few timbers down and crawl on them? I weigh 80 kg.

Would something like this work? https://www.bunnings.com.au/specrite-1200-x-600-x-18mm-timber-multi-use-pine-panel_p0419619  Or is there a cheaper alternative I can use?

Thanks,

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can I lay planks in roof space?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @meldarl. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about walking in a roof space.

If you are not confident entering the roof space, I recommend you consider employing the services of a professional to do the job. That being said, if you do decide to go ahead, I think you'll find structural flooring to be a cheaper option. It's more than adequate to support your weight, and the team in-store can cut it down into more manageable sizes. It can be laid of several roof timber to provide a surface to traverse on.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Can I lay planks in roof space?

Thanks Mitchell! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects