Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can I buy and install a pre-hung door?

templarkk
Getting Established

Can I buy and install a pre-hung door?

I have now built a stud wall first time ever. I have a door openning with dimensions as below.

Can I find suitable standard sized pre-hung door including door jamb available from Bunnings?

There is a 720mm door at Bunnings but if I add 19mm door jamb, that will become 758mm which leaves me pretty much no room to shim. 

Thanks.

1720495683806.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Buying and installing a pre-hung door

Hello @templarkk 

Thanks for sharing your question about purchasing a pre-hung door. Unfortunately, your door opening is non-standard. 

The good news is that it is possible to order a custom Hume prehung door at the special orders desk. I suggest double checking your measurements and making sure that the opening is square. If not take measurements both from the top and bottom of the opening before you go to your local store.

Proceed to your local store and speak to a member of the special orders team and ask for a quote for a pre-hung door from the Hume catalogue. Have a look at the brochure and see which door you would like quoted. The team will get a quote for you, and you can then decide if you wish to proceed.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to install Pre-Hung door System

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
templarkk
Getting Established

https://www.bunnings.com.au/hume-2040-x-720-x-35mm-primed-mdf-accent-hag9-pre-hung-internal-door_p20...

I have a table saw. Will this one do the job instead of going for special order?

I can probably just rip off the hinge side by a little bit?

Does the 720mm mean the whole system width or it's just the width of the door?

Thanks

Hi @templarkk,

That is a door with installed hinges, so the width specified is that of the door. It's not a door that is pre-hun onto an assembled door jamb. If you were going to cut down a door, you'd typically go for one that hasn't had the hinges installed, as you'll be cutting off the rebate for them. However, you could trim a small amount off the non-hinge side.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thx for the advice. will have a 2nd thought and then make a final decision.

Regards

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects