Workshop
Ask a question

How to clean mortar from pavers?

Clauds
Just Starting Out

How to clean mortar from pavers?

Hi just a few days ago some paving guys came to re point the pool capping around our pool.  The aftermath is not a great finish and they have left cement patches on the face of the pavers, which are quite porous. They are coming back to jet wash them clean. Can I have advice on whether or not they should be using a chemical too and if so what type,  and will a high powered key washer actually work? I'm quite upset with the result so far.. thank you

1000005914.jpg

1000005876.jpg

1000005913.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: splodged mortar removal from pavers

Hi @Clauds,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. Oftentimes construction projects look pretty average until the final clean is done. Due to the nature of mortar, it can't really be cleaned up until it has dried sufficiently, so it is likely they have left it like this to enable the mortar to fully cure.

The pressure wash should do a good job to clean up the cement residue, but if there is anything left over some Concrete And Driveway Cleaner would certainly help.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, please let us know.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects