Workshop
Ask a question

How to paint a Northcote Pottery fountain?

sophie1234
Just Starting Out

How to paint a Northcote Pottery fountain?

Hi

we have the following fountain and it has developed a lot of white lime scale on it. I have tried cleaning it but it won’t budge. Is there a paint that I can use to give it a new finish? Thanks!

Northcote Pottery Charcoal Trio Cascading Fountain

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: repainting a fountain

Hello @sophie1234 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Its sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about repainting your fountain.

I'm sorry but I am currently unaware of a paint product that can be immersed in running water for an extended period of time. However, in regards to the limescale, I suggest testing CLR 750ml Ready To Use Calcium Lime Rust Remover in combination with a Mr Clean Handheld Iron Scrub Brush. I suggest testing a small hidden area first to make sure that it will not damage the surface of the fountain. Make sure to rinse the testing area with water as long-term soaking is not advised. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as rubber gloves, goggles and a mask when using the spray.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects