Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why is my folding frame clothesline arm sagging?

Casper1965
Just Starting Out

Why is my folding frame clothesline arm sagging?

Just installed a Hills single folding frame clothesline. Pegged laundry to the clothesline. Now the left arm is sagging and lower than the right arm. What can I do or what do you think I have done wrong?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Folding frame clothesline

Hi @Casper1965,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

Is it possible to get a couple of photos of the clothesline? This will help our members understand the issue and offer specific advice. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I am happy to help.

Was it this clothesline that you've installed? Hills 26m Single Folding Clothesline.

If it is, as the design is cantilevered off the wall, I would say there's a bolt or screw that is not tight enough. 

You can see on this image that there are two screws on the grey frame as well as one on the black bracket that attaches the clothesline to the wall. If any of these is loose, or out of place, this might be cause for the issue.

It's hard to say a specific fix without seeing it, so once you can provide some photos, I'm happy to advise further.

Jacob

Will check check screw, one was very tight to get the hole 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Casper1965,

Let me know how you go. 

If this doesn't fix the problem, I'm happy to assist further.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects