Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What timber for boxing an outdoor games room floor?

eaton29
Just Starting Out

What timber for boxing an outdoor games room floor?

I am wondering what timber to use for boxing for the start of a games room the floor will only be 50mm thick is this ok?

chepest timber to use for boxing and size as well?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: building outdoor games room (mancave)

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @eaton29. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about timber selection.

Could you please provide a little more information on what exactly the boxing is that you're referring to? Also, if you can let our members know what type of floor you'll be building upon, they'll be much better placed to offer helpful advice. Perhaps you might like to take some pictures of the area and share them with us.

Would the boxing you're referencing be wall framing? If so, you should find this step-by-step article on How to build a stud wall helpful. Typically, H2-treated MGP10 Pine would be used for internal construction purposes or, if the timber will be exposed to the elements, H3-treated MGP10 Pine. 70 x 35mm Pine would be the smallest size of timber you could use for this purpose.

I'm keen to hear more about your project and offer further assistance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects