Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Rent friendly, quick and easy cat enclosure

diynewbie1
Just Starting Out

Rent friendly, quick and easy cat enclosure

Hello! I would like to implement a quick and easy cat enclosure in my rental. I obviously cannot make any modifications to the fences etc so I’m looking for a solution. 

• My first idea is draping some cat netting over the shade cloth in our front courtyard (pic 1&2). and securing it tightly with bricks or similar down the bottom. Would this work? Any other ideas in this space?

• Otherwise there is the back courtyard space - any suggestions on a quick and easy solution here (pic 3&4)

I don’t feel confident doing too much so anything simple would be amazing :smile: 

IMG_2159.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2161.jpeg

IMG_2162.jpeg

Thanks all! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Rent friendly, quick and easy cat enclosure

Hello @diynewbie1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building an easy cat enclosure.

I propose having a quick look at this discussion - How to build a PVC pipe cat enclosure? by @Cathouse. My team-mate Mitchell has designed a fantastic PVC frame to keep cats in. The best part is that you can modify the frame to the size that you need.

An option to gluing the PVC together is to use short screws to keep the pipes from slipping out of the joiners. This will let you disassemble the enclosure when moving house. Using this PVC cage would be a more secure method of keeping your cats contained rather than covering an entire area with mesh. 

Here is another discussion regarding cat enclosures - D.I.Y. mesh cat enclosure by @Chrissie35.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects