Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito PXC 18V Lawn Mower missing bolt

JimDiGriz
Just Starting Out

Ozito PXC 18V Lawn Mower missing bolt

Hi, the bolt on my cordless mower blade came loose and flung itself into my garden. For the life of me I can't find it. I need a replacement yet I can't find the bolt by itself. If I knew the size and dimensions I could just buy a regular bolt and washer I suppose. Has anybody had this problem? 

Are these bolts roughly a universal size?  Cheers for any help in advance. 

PXLMGTK-258-Promo-lbox-600x600-ffffff.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Ozito PXC 18V Lawn Mower missing bolt

Hi @JimDiGriz,

Great to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. I trust you'll get loads of helpful advice and inspiration for your projects around the house and garden.

Sorry to read of your missing bolt. I would be heading into your local Bunnings store and asking at the Special Orders desk whether they could order a replacement for you. 

Let me tag our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL for his thoughts. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi Jim. @JimDiGriz 

Ozito (online?) would have schematic spare parts diagrams for the mower. Do you know exactly where on the mower the bolt came from? Do you have a photo maybe?

Hi, thanks for the response. It's literally the bolt and Washer that holds on the mower blade itself. It must have come loose. I'd tightened it previously. I didn't catch it in time this instance and it flung away leaving the blade on the ground. I've had a dig through the garden bed it launched itself into but it's mulched and bushy. I'd need a large magnet to find it.. 😩  

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi again Jim @JimDiGriz 

"It's literally the bolt and Washer that holds on the mower blade itself."

My apologies Jim - you mentioned the source in your very first sentence. Armed with this it, would be easy to ring Ozito for a replacement or at least get the thread and length size?

Other than that, I highly recommend the Bunnings "Magnetic Sweeper." I love it. Saved my ass many times.

20221027_160914.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JimDiGriz

It's great to see that you've received excellent advice from @Noyade. I'm sorry to hear you've lost the bolt assembly that holds the blade of your mower. As much as I would like to say to just grab another bolt that will fit, I'm afraid yours is no ordinary bolt as it is a high-tensile one that can withstand the forces generated inside the mower. I suggest going to your local store and asking the special orders desk team to order for you the bolt and washer assembly that holds the blade for the Ozito PXC 18V Lawn Mower.

The special orders team at the desk should be able to track the part for you. In the meantime, I suggest double-checking your catcher just to be sure it did not get mixed in with the cut grass.  

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

NotHappyJan1964
Just Starting Out

The same thing happened to us, and I've only used it twice. Searched everywhere, can't find it. Even the grass clippings. Right now, I can't use the mower until I get a replacement.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @NotHappyJan1964. It's wonderful to have you join us, and I'm sorry to hear you've experienced issues with your Ozito mower.

I'd suggest returning the product to your nearest Bunnings store, as the team there will be able to assess whether this issue can be fixed or whether a return will be necessary. The bolts holding the blade on should never work themselves loose, and I'm concerned that this could become a safety issue. I'll also pass your feedback on to Ozito so they can investigate why this might be occurring.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects