Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My lilli pilly are 6 rears old and in my opinion they are not dense enought especially in the bottom

Adam52
Just Starting Out

My lilli pilly are 6 rears old and in my opinion they are not dense enought especially in the bottom

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My lilli pilly are 6 rears old and in my opinion they are not dense enought especially in the...

Hello @Adam52 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your lilly pilly.

It's possible that there might not be enough nutrients in the soil and is thereby preventing your lilly pilly from flourishing. Fertilizing, adding nutrients to the soil and proper pruning all contribute to the health of the plant. I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to maintain healthy lilly pillies.

Having a proper watering schedule helps and keeping the soil aerated around it helps with the absorption of water and nutrients. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Noelle and @mich1972 for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: My lilli pilly are 6 rears old and in my opinion they are not dense enought especially in the...

Hi @Adam52 

Lightly trimming the shoots on the tops of the trees may encourage bushiness lower down, but read the guide first before getting out the secateurs!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects