Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to unshrink bistro blinds

dakw11
Just Starting Out

How to unshrink bistro blinds

We installed bistro blinds (Bunnings brand) about 18 months ago. We installed a 2.7m blind joined to a 1.8m blind with a joiner strip. We attached the ends to metal posts with the wall anchor strips. It worked well and looked good. Sometime later, the larger blind was rolled up for a while and after putting it down recently seems to have shrunk, both vertically and horizontally. It will no longer reach the joiner strip to be able to zip it up and in trying to so some of the stitching came away. Is there any way to get the blind to return to it's original dimensions? Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to unshrink bistro blinds

Hello @dakw11 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your bistro blind.

I'm currently unaware of a method to unshrinking your blinds. However, bistro blinds carry a 24-month warranty and since it has only been 18months, I suggest going to the Bistro Blinds Warranty page and filling in the details of what's happened.

If you still have the docket for the blinds make sure to enter its details, otherwise you'll need to look into your bank statements to show when the blinds were purchased.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects