Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for exterior window film

Yesh
Just Starting Out

Looking for exterior window film

Hello! I am looking for an exterior window film that can be installed from the outside. I am unable to install it from the inside because the window is too high to reach. My only option is to install it from the outside which I can easily reach. Can you please advise me on where I can purchase one? Thank you!

Kind Regards, 

Yesh

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for exterior window film

Hello @Yesh 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about exterior window film.

All of the window films currently available at the store unless stated otherwise are for interior installation only. Is the window in an ungainly location that can't be reached by ladder? There is one product from 3M that might possibly work, but it is subject to stock availability. Please allow us to double check with our supplier. As soon as we have more information, we'll get back to you.

My only other suggestion is to engage the services of professional handy person to install the film for you.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Yesh 

Thank you for your patience. I've just been in contact with the 3M technical team and the 3M exterior film is not available for purchase. I can only therefore suggest engaging the services of a professional handy person to install the film for you. You can post the job on either Airtasker or Hipages, I propose putting in as much detail as possible so that you'll get an immediate response. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Yesh
Just Starting Out

Hi Eric, 

Thank you for your kind reply and suggestion. It takes a long ladder to reach the top of the window, which I'm not comfortable climbing.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

It sounds like it would be best to enlist the services of a handyperson to install the film @Yesh

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects