Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to transform metal pillar at front of house?

jparinthirical
Just Starting Out

How to transform metal pillar at front of house?

I bought the house recently. The out door pillar of my house doesnt look attaractive. I think it is made of some kind of metal. How can I change it into something attractive, preferrably brick?

20221020_165405.jpg20221020_165418.jpg20221020_165426.jpg20221020_165434.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: metal pillar front of house

Hello @jparinthirical

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about covering the pillars in front of your house.

For a beautiful quick change, I suggest having a look at this discussion - Hamptons-style verandah posts by @emmajames. You can easily disguise your steel posts and turn them into Hampton-style-looking pillars. However, if you have your heart set on brick, I suggest measuring the area around it to make sure that there is enough space at the front and side for the brick to sit on. 

One more way to disguise your steel pillars is by covering them with timber -  Transforming dated brick pillars to modern by @DKG. The process of installation would be the same and that is you would need to build a frame around your steel pillars and attach the timber across them giving it a new look.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects