Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair loose swimming pool pavers?

Joediy
Just Starting Out

How to repair loose swimming pool pavers?

3DF6B611-30E1-48D6-B910-B45B0FBC0B60.jpeg

10AFEB38-BBBE-4CDA-AD41-5896150ACD81.jpeg

I would like to repair my loose pool pavers .

Please share any tips , What products to use - especially for the pool edges. Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair loose swimming pool pavers?

Hello @Joediy 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about repairing loose pool pavers.

If it is only a few pavers, I suggest cleaning the bottom of the paver and the mounting point near the pool. Make sure to remove as much of the old adhesive used so that you have a clean surface to work with. I recommend using Davco 20kg SMP Evo Tile Adhesive on all the sides and bottom of the paver.

You can use the same adhesive for the other loose pavers near the swimming pool. Please make sure to mark the pavers with masking tape to make sure no one steps on them while the adhesive cures.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Joediy
Just Starting Out

Thanks @EricL 

I have probably around 20 pavers which are loose 

Okay , so you are suggesting to use this as grout as well , hope that goes with existing grout colour. 

How long does it take to cure ?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Joediy 

My apologies, I should have said to not overfill the pavers slot so that it does not push the adhesive out of the sides. Please make sure to leave room for grouting. I suggest using  Dunlop 1.5kg Flexible Coloured Grout, I recommend bringing a piece of the old grout so that you can try and match it on the sample grout board.  

Due to the high moisture in the area, I would suggest a minimum of three days before you grout. 

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when mixing the tile adhesive.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects