Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair damaged glass pool fence?

donjkere
Just Starting Out

How to repair damaged glass pool fence?

Dear Community,

Last night the wind was horrible at Melbourne. When I woke up this morning, I saw our glass fence was damaged. 

Right now it is not only slant, but sways with wind. 

As you could see from the picture, one side used to be connected to the small glass door, but now is splitting. The worst part is, the other side of this glass fence is not connected to the wood wall. I think that might be the main cause of this unstable situation.

Therefore, dear community, I am here seeking for help. 

1)How do I repair it?

2) How do I prevent it from swaying with wind?

Thank you very much

123.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair damaged glass pool fence?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @donjkere. It’s great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a pool fence.

Given the nature of this task, I recommend hiring a professional pool fence installation company. In the meantime, especially if you have children or pets, secure the area to prevent access. The fence panels are quite heavy and could cause serious injury or even be fatal if they fall on someone. It's important not to risk anyone's safety by attempting a DIY repair.

The pool fencing company will need to carefully disassemble the fence, and it's important to discuss with them why this issue occurred. I suspect you'll also need to have the timber frame inspected to ensure it’s suitable for the installation.

Once the deck frame has been inspected, you'll be able to have the fencing company re-install the fence if it has not been damaged.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to repair damaged glass pool fence?

Evening @donjkere 

As per Mitchell's advice - but I'm fascinated as to how this has occurred. At first I thought the post attachment points on that one strip of decking have been levered to the right - but I don't think so? To me the entire right hand side of your decking has collapsed at the angle indicated below.

Any chance of photos - below the deck at the ground level?

Cheers and best of luck with the repair.

WOW.PNG

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects