Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove black mould from a white rendered cement wall?

keys5597g123
Just Starting Out

How to remove black mould from a white rendered cement wall?

DBDDD797-74CE-435B-8238-97CA2BE969B7.jpeg

66C832DE-A591-4AF2-8222-A17D1B371C52.jpeg

   

Can someone offer advise on how to remove black mold from a white rendered cement wall that is attached to a swimming pool? I wondered if white vinegar will do the job. If you have any other solutions would be appreciative. Thank you

B109E9F9-E7D9-46E0-9496-DEE80D7A9097.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove black mould from a white rendered cement wall

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @keys5597g123. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing mould.

Have you tried anything so far? I'd imagine an exterior cleaner like 30 Seconds would do a reasonable job of removing the mould. You might need to pre-wash the area with a high-pressure washer before applying the 30 Seconds and then blast it back off again with the sprayer. If the mould has penetrated quite deep into the render, you might need to scrub the wall down with a stiff bristle brush and the 30 Seconds cleaner. The brush will help agitate the organic material and give the cleaner a chance to work. Given the mould and weathering, it might be best to clean the wall thoroughly and then re-paint it or skim-coat it with new white render.

If you have no success with the cleaner, brush and high-pressure sprayer, then we can look into more potent options. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects