Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to move gutter outflow missing downpipe?

Jeanii1
Just Starting Out

How to move gutter outflow missing downpipe?

The villa I bought as part of a strata has this oddly-placed elbow pipe. It was flagged by the building and pest inspector as being something that may cause issues with the foundations of the property down the track and perhaps cause damp. That is not including the noise of the water, the hole in the garden bed, and the flooding. Strata have confirmed that it is the owner's responsibility and not theirs. The bottom right of the picture is the front door, and the property at the top of the photo is next door. Who would I contact about having it redirected and what might it cost? Thanks :smile:

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 8.34.58 PM.png

DIYGnome
Becoming a Leader

Re: How to move this weird pipe?

Hello @Jeanii1 welcome to the Bunnings Workshop Community, that Frankenstein PVC elbow appears to be an interference fit only (unless there are screws) and should simply pull off (for FREE) of the metal spout projection, I get the impression it's purpose is simply to redirect water from the paved area to the garden bed.

The fixture underneath will resemble the neighbouring fixture 👍

Screenshot_20240610-233833_DuckDuckGo.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to move gutter outflow missing downpipe?

Hello @Jeanii1 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your downpipe. 

I suggest engaging the services of a licensed plumber, they will probably assess your downpipe assembly and stormwater drain location. Their purpose will be to correctly install a new downpipe and link it to your stormwater drain. 

I propose calling a local plumber in your area so that you can inquire about site visits and a quotation for the service. In this manner you'll have the option of comparing their quote to another plumber. Once you have two quotes, you'll have a better idea of the going rate in your area.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects