Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount Eufy camera to Hebel?

GVO
Getting Established

How to mount Eufy camera to Hebel?

HI, i am mounting to a eufy camera to hebel.

using normal drill (not hammer mode).

Given the weight of the camera, would i still need to predrill and plug ? if so what plug please given the low weight of the camera.

Thanks,

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to mount Eufy camera to Hebel?

Hello @GVO 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about mounting a camera to your Hebel blocks.

I suggest having a look at this discussion - How to fit curtain rod into Hebel wall? by @palakshah. On the condition that your camera is less than 10kg, I suggest using Hex Head 12-11 Type 17 screw and Ramset Ramplug 8x40. 

Here is a link to the recommended fixings to Hebel. Hebel Fixtures and Fittings.

The general procedure would be to drill a pilot hole for the Ramplug. Once you've drilled the hole make sure that it is free of debris before pushing the plug in. Once the plugs are in position you can then mount the camera using the Hex head screws.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GVO
Getting Established

Hi , the link you shared actually suggests NO pilot hole and NO plug. I actually read this before posting and was confused, hence my question.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @GVO 

Hebel is a strong, versatile, high performance building product made from Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC). It is not like ordinary concrete as it is lightweight but structurally strong. However, due to its aerated nature, it's necessary to use a filler or plug to hold a screw in place.

Now the list does mention that you can screw the hex head into the Hebel block as is. However, from a safety point of view it would be better to have a plug supporting the screw. The plug technically expands to produce a compression force that holds the screw in place. If the screw was by itself, it would totally be dependent on the strength of the Hebel block. This is why it's best to use the Ramset Ramplug as a supporting piece for the screws.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

GVO
Getting Established

Understood and what you are saying makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @GVO 

It's my pleasure, we're here to help. Please make sure to post an update once you have your camera installed. I'm sure our members will be keen to see its location.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects