Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make my outdoor entertainment area more attractive?

Zun
Finding My Feet

How to make my outdoor entertainment area more attractive?

Hi,

I am looking to make the outside backyard more attractive (as in the attached picture), particularly surrounding exterior walls like installing windows to view the backyard, changing the exterior walls, etc.

Your great ideas are more than welcome along with material recommendations.

Outside backyard.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to make my outdoor entertainment area more attractive?

This is such an exciting project, @Zun. There is so much you can do to make your backyard a more stylish and functional space for relaxing and entertaining. 

I'm sure our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be able to provide some excellent suggestions once he's back on the site later today. In the meantime, let me tag some of our helpful members @marliemakesit@diy_hausdesigns and @homeinmelbourne for their thoughts.

While waiting, I recommend checking out our Top 10 most popular outdoor projects as well as 10 ways to transform your outdoor entertaining area. They contain many inspiring ideas on what you can do with your backyard.

Please do keep us updated on how your project progresses. We'd love to see the final result. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to make my outdoor entertainment area more attractive?

Hi @Zun 

Thanks for sharing your question about how to make your outdoor area more attractive. It took me a moment to realize that the windows on your fence area actually framed pictures of wildlife. 

One of the ways to change look and feel of your fence line is to put in natural looking elements to remove the hard industrial materials you currently see. I suggest having a look at this featured project - Artificial hedge outdoor feature wall by @marilynwinn. It's an excellent example of adding greenery without having to invest a lot of time growing the actual shrub. The white louver panels act as a break from all the green and is made out of timber.

The next example is Merbau panel screening by @WendyL. Merbau timber has a nice rich finish and is always relaxing to look at. This project is so nice as it combines a mini pergola look. 

The finishing touch would be this guide - How to install outdoor string lighting by @Adam_W. Once you bring all these elements together, you'll have a total transformation and make your outdoor area look fantastic.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects