Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to lay artificial turf between pavers?

mann
Getting Established

How to lay artificial turf between pavers?

Hi,

I want to lay artificial turf between the pavers to have a clean look ...the area is 5 m by 1.3 cm . I have already dig some gravel out..how should I proceed further.

Can I just simply put a layer of sand on top of gravel and lay turf on top ?

Thanks 

Manny

1000121806.jpg

1000121805.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to lay artificial turf between pavers?

Hello @mann 

Thanks for sharing your question about artificial turf. Looking at the photo you posted it appears that the gravel is not that thick anymore. I suggest removing your pavers first so that they are not at the same level as the sand and gravel you'll be putting in. 

I recommend adding a new layer of gravel and compacting it before you put the sand on top. Once the sand has been spread over, I suggest compacting that as well. When you finish compacting, I propose putting the pavers back into place.

Once the pavers are in position, I then suggest putting the artificial turf over the area. I recommend using a Craftright 18mm Snap Off Knife to cut along the edge of the paver. My best advice is to make sure to anchor along the cut edges around the pavers.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to lay synthetic turf.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects