Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install 1800*600mm Bunnings framed lattice panels?

peter04
Finding My Feet

How to install 1800*600mm Bunnings framed lattice panels?

I need to erect lattice panels in front of the colourbond shed below. I plan to use Bunnings 1800*600 diagonal framed lattice panels but need at least three panels.

Any ideas on the simplest way to support and join the 600mm panels for climbing roses?

I was thinking of putting in concrete two 75*75mm 2.4m H4 EcoWood Green Tan-E posts at each end but don't want to put two posts in for the middle panel.

Can you suggest how to join the middle panel to the outside panel at each end? 

Colorbond ShedColorbond ShedPicture from Bunnings Web SitePicture from Bunnings Web SiteIMG_2156.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install 1800*600mm Bunnings framed lattice panels

Hello @peter04 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about installing framed lattice panels.

Your idea of installing two 75*75mm 2.4m H4 EcoWood Green Tan-E posts at each end sounds like a good plan. I propose installing 75 x 38mm 4.8m Fence Rail H3 Treated Pine Wet Sawn at the top and bottom of the posts you've installed. The Lattice Makers 1800 x 600mm Diagonal Framed Lattice Panel can then be mounted onto the rails without needing a center post. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Evening @peter04 

How about installing two horizonatl rails on the rear of your shed, (using the timber @EricL has suggested) low and high on the wall. Id actually install rails inside the shed as well to distribute the weight. Use long bolts through the timber, the tin and the timber to secure.

Then you could easily install whichever type of trellis you would like.

Dave

Thanks for this suggestion but I would rather not drill holes in the shed wall, and I would have to remove an old cupboard holding lots of stuff on the other side.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @peter04 

Please keep us updated with your progress. We look forward to seeing your lattice panels assembled.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to install 1800*600mm Bunnings framed lattice panels?

Hi @peter04  I would build the frame like a fence by rebating 3 horizontal rails (70mm x 35mm) in to your two posts. Then along the bottom use either 20mm x 180mm H3 treated pine plinth or 50mm sleeper to support your 3 panels on. This will essential back frame all 3 panels flush which will provide maximum strength and allows for all for sides of each panel to be fixed to support the forward weight of the foliage as it grows.

Regards, Nailbag

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 8.50.16 PM.png

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects