Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix render over Hebel?

Ruthie88
Just Starting Out

How to fix render over Hebel?

IMG_0619.jpeg

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0623.jpeg

   

IMG_0625.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

Newly Built home, unfortunately concreters has been careless with my Hebel Render. 

Product used is Dulux Acratex Coventry Coarse-color surfmist 

I am hoping this is a possible DIY render Patch. 

Is this doable as DIY or do I need a professional renderer? 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix render over Hebel?

Hi @Ruthie88,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

You'll need some basic tools and a little bit of know-how, but it is very achievable as a beginner.

I'd suggest picking up a tub of Polyfilla 500g Exterior Brick and Render and a Pro Renovator 75mm Plastic Scraper.

Start by giving the Polyfilla a good mix to ensure it has an even consistency.

For the smaller patches, simply apply the filler so it is level with the surface around it and stipple the surface with a stiff-bristled brush to emulate the texture around it.

For the larger patch at the base of the wall, you might need to apply the filler in two layers as it is not suitable in layers over 10mm thick. Once again, on the topcoat, stipple the surface to emulate the texture around it.

Once dry, you can paint over it with the same external paint that was used originally.

You might like to have a look at How To Render for some guidance and How to repair the render? for an example of what @Jolly181 achieved in a similar circumstance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects