Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a Fiskar pruner?

Ana24
Just Starting Out

How to fix a Fiskar pruner?

Hi, I have a Fiskar tree pruner with a telescopic handle. The cord inside is broken. I'd love to be able to continue to use it because (it was expensive) it works brilliantly and there is use to be enjoyed still. Can you help me to continue to use this tool. Sustainability is the key! Many thanks, Ana.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing a Fiskar pruner

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ana24. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Fiskars tree pruners.

Is there a model number on the unit, or is it in our current range? Once we identify which unit you have, I'd be more than happy to inquire about whether spare parts are available or what we might be able to do to get it up and running again.

If it's not in the current range and there is no identifying model number, please post an image of the head and overall unit, and I'll track down the details. Let me know if you need help uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell!

It's an old one - at least 5 years old - it looks almost exactly like your current range (though it's missing the orange shield around the sharp edge). It's a telescopic tree pruner. Does that help? Is that enough info I mean ? I could send a photograph perhaps? A

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Is this Fiskars PowergearX Telescopic Tree Pruner the one you were referencing @Ana24?

Mitchell

Yes! That's it. Though as I say ... at least 5 years old ... same kind of mechanism exactly though. Not sure how to get into the long shaft to fix or reattach the cord that makes the pruners cut branches. A.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Ana24 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the head and handle of your pruner? I've come across a video from Fiskars on How to change the rope in the Fiskars tree pruner UPX86. If your pruner is similar in construction, then this guide might work for you.  

We'll send the photos to Fiskars for confirmation, and they can confirm if the disassembly procedure is the same.

If you need a hand posting the photos, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects