Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Wagner 350 spray paint gun?

oakesash
Finding My Feet

How to fix Wagner 350 spray paint gun?

I purchased a Wagner 350 from Bunnings today to paint a timber wheelie bin storage cover that was built for me.

I LOVED it, almost finished first coast of entire product when the gun spray stopped spraying,

I have tried every trouble shoot - washed all elements, double checked consistency of paint, checked the pin hole on the suction, everything on the Wagner site and in YouTube tutorials. The spray gun runs, but it only produces air, it won't take the paint from the container to the nozzle.

Any help would be truly appreciated.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wagner 350 spray paint gun

Hi @oakesash,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your new paint sprayer.

There are likely two issues that could be at play. The first is it's blocked, and the second is it's broken. If you've thoroughly cleaned the unit then there is a good chance it's failed. I'd return it to the store with your proof of purchase.

Apart from cleaning all the orifices leading from the paint container right up into the unit, check to see that the vent hole on the container isn't blocked. There's typically a hole that allows air into the paint container. If this becomes blocked, then the paint can't be drawn out of the container.

Try popping warm water in the container. If it starts drawing and spraying, it may mean you have a partial blockage somewhere that is preventing the thicker paint from being drawn through.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thanks Mitchell, I tried all of this, I think I'll take it back to the store and swap it out. Thank you.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let us know if you need any assistance with the return @oakesash.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects