Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gaps in fence?

wongedwoman
Growing in Experience

How to fill gaps in fence?

My fence is getting quite old with gaps between planks and two holes.  Any suggestions on how I can hide those gaps so neighbours cannot see through to my side.  Not a handyman, any cheap and easy solutions?

Thanks

Pam

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Old fence with gaps and holes

Hi Pam (@wongedwoman),

How significant are the gaps between the pailings? You could potentially use an exterior gap filler, or you might like to consider adding screening over the fence. When installing screening, I staple weed matting to the fence and then place the screen over it. This weedmat blocks 100% of the view, and the screening finishes it attractively. Weed matting is inexpensive, and we have some tremendous budget-friendly screening options like the Euro reed.

Let me know what you think of those options, and please feel free to ask any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you.  I will try weed matting, but what sort of staple should I use which is not expensive and can staple the mat onto the wood plank.

Thanks.

Pam

The Craftright 4-14mm Staple Gun will work in a pinch, but you'll find the Trojan 3 In 1 Heavy Duty Staple Gun Set better suited, @wongedwoman. Alternatively, you could use tacks and a hammer.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects