Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gaps between sandstone pavers?

tashy11
Just Starting Out

How to fill gaps between sandstone pavers?

Hello

i I have these sandstone? outside pavers. Can someone please recommend what I should use to fill the gaps?

thank you. 

also - will use 30 second cleaner to try and clean them up before. Thank you. 

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill gaps between sandstone pavers?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tashy11. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling gaps between pavers.

Typically, paving sand is used between pavers. To use paving sand between pavers, spread the sand evenly across the pavers and sweep it into the joints until they are full. Wet the sand lightly to help it settle and lock in place, then repeat the process of adding and brushing in more sand until the joints are completely filled and stable.

An alternative to paving sand is Dingo 20kg Powerloc Paving Sand. Sand can wash out from the paver joints over time. Powerloc Paving Sand is a polymer-based product that prevents it from washing out or cracking. It is blended with fine sand and polymers to create a flexible and superior bond between pavers.

Whichever method you employ, you'll likely need to refresh the joints every several years.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects