Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill gap between timber window frame and brick work?

Won24
Just Starting Out

How to fill gap between timber window frame and brick work?

Hi community!

I am in the process of (very slowly) repainting my external timber windows, Given the age of the house and movement, gaps have developed between the timber frame and the brickwork. What is the easiest and neatest way to fill these gaps prior to painting?

image1.jpegimage2.jpeg image3.jpeg 

Any ideas?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill gap between timber window frame and brick work?

Hello @Won24 

Thanks for sharing your question about filling in the gap between your window and brick wall. 

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How to seal gaps between door frame and wall? by @mmw08. In the discussion, I suggested using Selleys 430g White No More Gaps Exterior Gap Filler. It is weather resistant, can fill a gap of up to 25mm and can be applied to various materials.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to silicone seal a bath (the techniques used are applicable to your window gap project)

Make sure to put masking tape on both sides of the gap so that you'll get a nice clean finish when you take the tape off.

Please make sure to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when repairing the gap.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects