Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover gas meter and pipes?

Geo-Z
Just Starting Out

How to cover gas meter and pipes?

1000011771.jpg

1000011772.jpgI would like to cover up this arrangement of gas meter and pipes. I need to leave an access opening  for the meter , any suggestions appreciated.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: looking for ideas to cover up gas meter and pipes

Hi @Geo-Z,

Thank you for your question about covering the gas meter and pipes at your property.

My suggestion is to build a cover like the one in How to build a pool pump cover

You can build this out of 70x35 H3 Pine, merbau screening with tee hinges to create the opening.

This would allow access to the pump when required and will be much nicer to look at.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members to see if they have any ideas, @Herrenovacation, @Nailbag, @ProjectPete.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: looking for ideas to cover up gas meter and pipes

Hi @Geo-Z 

I would start with the basic frame project with hinged door as @JacobZ mentioned to get you started. Then there are so many options for cladding other than what's in the project if that doesn't appeal.

Otherwise you could concrete in 2 or more posts that would allow fixing of one of a huge range of screens available

Regards, Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects